Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The rest of the Japanese models

 Today's post comprises images of my remaining Japanese model buildings, built in about 1986. By the way, if anyone's not realised it, nearly all the images on this blog will blow up into much bigger, clearer ones if you click on them.

Firstly there's a wooden keep with a stone mound and stairway, very much inspired by the Kurosawa film "Ran". As with the original Japanese castle, it all comes apart floor by floor for gaming purposes, and there are one or two alternative ways the model can be assembled. Once again the figures are mainly sculpted by me, although I used heads from commercially available figures of the time. As you can see the flowing design of traditional Japanese clothing came out alright in some places, but defeated me in others!

The Linka cast stonework had been abandoned by this time and I made the stonework of the mound just by gluing on pieces of carboard and texturing them a bit with household filler. The result was totally robust, and I would never go back! The castle building is all from balsa, but I used plastic model railway fencing to surround the observation platform. Again this "drove out" the fragility problems.






Finally, here's a couple of pictures of a Samurai town mansion which I built. They only show the courtyard really. Some day I must take some proper photos of the detailed interior, which even has real sliding doors.




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar