As a 17th Cent. reenactor friend of mine recently said, you can never have too much lace ...
But I think that's another story.
This story is about the 18th century ... and a number of inspiring sights at shows and a couple of games we have played ...
(Va t'en Guerre at Knuston Hall)
Treb completed his work on the War of the Spanish Succession for CoW ... we had a satisfactory game session (after which he decided to scrap most of the changes so ... complete? Probably not.. More to come I don't doubt) ...
And there have been a number of good looking games at shows ... here's a Revolutionary War game from Partizan and a Marlburian one from last week ...
Better still, in our recent games day, we blooded Richard's slowly building collection of Minden Miniatures with one of those 'One Hour Wargames' from Neil Thomas ...
This is the one where the defender has to hold the village (bathed in a sunburst) and the hill (bottom left) ... Good luck with that I think ...
But it doesn't take long to play and this one was all about the toy soldiers.
(disciplined fire reaps some rewards)
(the hill falls)
(Seven Years War figures by Minden Miniatures)
Splendid ... I think this will also look good in flats.










0 Yorumlar