Okay, watching The Bonfire of the Vanities, so this may be short. I never saw it, so now I can.
We were going to get my mail and do other things in my town today, but last night, I changed my mind. Yes, still recovering from the heat on the 4th.
Tommy told me two sizes he might need in pants length and width. The smaller waist was available yesterday. Today, I went to get the larger waist size. The problem is the pants are both same length and an inch longer than what he wears. He always wears his pants way too short. Well, I got HELL for bringing out the longer length, same length that I got yesterday.
He like high water pants, even on suits. He says he sees the pants are too long in the front. Well, he is looking down and sees they break over his shoes. There is no way he will understand how pants leg bottoms fit and look. He thinks they must hang and not touch the front of his shoe! ???
He disagrees that pants legs can be hemmed on an angle, front shorter than back. He knows more about sewing than I do. He does not even have a full-length mirror. How can he see his pants bottom? A man cannot lean over to judge the length of his pants.
He has never bought a pair of unhemmed pants and had the store hem them. He has never had a pair of pants shortened by store or lengthened. It is impossible to talk to him about this.
I am still getting HELL for his pants being too long. But, I can hem. He does not care. All his pants hems must fall above his shoe top in the back, that way they don't wrinkle on his shoe in the front!
Have you ever hemmed men's dress pants? Have you ever hemmed them longer in back than in front? Have you ever known anyone who wanted pants to start out high-water? Have you ever had any role in getting a man's pants hemmed? Men, do you prefer your pants ankle length to keep the front of the pants from wrinkling on your shoe/

0 Yorumlar