Remember when you were growing up or maybe even when your own kids were growing up, there was a phrase, “They’ll outgrow it”. Meaning if a kid had some quirky way or habit or belief or attitude, it would go away as the kid grew up.
Okay, most of us or our kids did outgrow those childhood quirks. There’s one that I didn’t outgrow and can’t seem to even now. I cry about things that maybe adults aren’t supposed to cry about. I cry about animals. For example if I go to Sea World and watch the whale or dolphin show, I cry. I cannot help it, I just do. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because I subconsciously feel sorry for the animals being used that way for entertainment rather than living free in the ocean to enjoy their natural life. I’m sort of guessing here because I honestly don’t know why the tears begin to flow.
Then there’s the other time I cry and can’t help it. It’s the time when animals suffer or die. When I heard Monday that they had to euthanize Barbaro, man the tears started and wouldn’t stop. Every time someone spoke of him, it started all over again.
Crying about animals is something I just can’t outgrow. If it hasn’t happened by now, I don’t think it’s gonna.

0 Yorumlar