Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

TSS: Live, from New York..

... it's Sunday morning! Corny, I know, but let's blame it in on the humidity. It's a hot, muggy, sticky morning in New York City. Perfect museum weather. Our itinerary includes the (air-conditioned) Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Cloisters, and, with luck, the Tenement Museum. I'd like to find time for Housingworks Bookstore, too.

On the reading front, I finished The Last of Cheri, and will post a review later this week. I'll definitely keep an eye out for more titles by Colette today.

Paris in July continued with "Farewell" by Guy de Maupassant, my Short Story Monday offering. A Year in Japan, my warm up act for The Japanese Literature Challenge 4, was featured on Thursday.

My current read is the Persephone Classic Mariana by Monica Dickens (great-granddaughter of Charles). I'm just under 100 pages in, but it is proving to be an ideal summer read.

My husband agreed to let me continue listening to The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot during part of our drive yesterday. Have I mentioned what a wonderful book this is? I'm impressed with the author's extensive research, but just love how it's all put together in an incredibly readable (listenable?) manner. This is one fascinating book!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.... and staying cool!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar