My friend Lorna and I visited Bodiam Castle in East Sussex today. 
There are ducks everywhere.



Bodiam Castle was built in 1385 by an enterprising knight called Sir Edward Dalyngrigge, who applied to the King for a 'license to crenellate' (I love that phrase!), so that he could turn his manor house into a castle. He had a new castle built in fact, and had the surrounding grounds landscaped. It is a perfectly castlelly castle-set in a moat, with towers and battlements and overlooking a beautiful valley.

There are ducks everywhere.


Bodiam Castle was built in 1385 by an enterprising knight called Sir Edward Dalyngrigge, who applied to the King for a 'license to crenellate' (I love that phrase!), so that he could turn his manor house into a castle. He had a new castle built in fact, and had the surrounding grounds landscaped. It is a perfectly castlelly castle-set in a moat, with towers and battlements and overlooking a beautiful valley.

0 Yorumlar