

"Rossellini, the only major director besides Vidor to make a film on the history of iron ..." (Tag Gallagher)
"The films which have most excited me recently are Skolimowski's two films and The Enchanted Desna [Dovzhenko]. These are films about which I don't know what to say critically, which give me the feeling of having a lot to learn. Also Rossellini's film about steel [L'Età del ferro / The Age of Iron]. They are films which cut right through me; whereas with others I can see what to take and what to leave. I say this is great, but I could never do it myself. I don't rate these three films above or below the rest, they are films I want to talk about because I don't really know what should be said." (Jean-Luc Godard in an interview with Les Cahiers du cinéma, translated/reprinted, pp. 231-232 in Godard on Godard.)
I don't believe Rossellini's iron film played in the MoMA retrospective ...




0 Yorumlar